The Amphenol microminiature connector series offers proven military spec performance and reliability in rectangular and stripline micro connectors. Microminiature connectors are available in rectangular D, strip, and custom card edge configurations, with contacts on .050 (1.27) centers. Inserts in micro-d miniature connectors with signal and coax/power contacts are also available.
The Amphenol microminiature contact system employs a precision stamped and formed pin contact recessed within the plug insulator. The socket contact is a precision fabricated tube. Pin and socket contacts are epoxy retained in high-grade thermoplastic insulators. The contact system has proven reliability, exceeding the performance specifications of MIL-DTL-83513. Terminations are available in a broad range including solder cup, terminated to wire harness, vertical and right angle PCB. Plastic and metal shell versions are available, in a broad range of shell finishes. A broad range of mounting hardware is available (jackscrews, posts, guide pins) as well as straight and angled back-shells.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- One piece insulator: Polyphenylene sulfide (Ryton)
- Contacts (1-30 positions): Copper alloy, gold plate
- A guide pin (optional, one or both ends): 300 series stainless steel
- Wide selection of wire sizes, types, and color finish.
- Coupling feature: Friction
- Contact spacing: .050" (1.27) centres